Thursday 5 June 2014

Beyonce de-appreciation society

It comes with great sadness that I am beginning to dislike Beyonce & I don't believe I'm the only one. Today I heard & saw the video for her latest release, Rocket. Seriously.....What is going on?!




Not only is the song absolutely terrible (can we please go back to the Crazy In Love/Single Ladies days?!) The song is basically about sex, and the video is Beyonce just stripping off. What has happened to her? Prior to this I was a massive fan of Queen Bey, maybe I'm just becoming more of a grown up but what happened to class? I feel like the older stars now feel the need to become more risque in order to keep people's attention and it's sad. Beyonce has an amazing voice, and yes her figure is amazing too but do we really need to see all of it? (J.Lo also take note). It's all just a bit cringey.



Now I'm far from the maternal type, ask anyone, but Beyonce is a mother now which shocks me even more, surely she should want to be a good role model more than ever, not only for Blue but for the rest of the girls watching who think this is how they should act.

As well as Beyonce, I'm annoyed at Rihanna.


I actually have no words.

Bring back the class ladies and keep the respect for yourself! Less really is more as proven below. It's so disappointing how society is these days, and it's sad to see young kids following in their idol's footsteps. I know when I was twelve I was rocking the trouser skirts and tracksuits. Not shorts that went half way up my arse and crop tops.



I can't be the only one that feels this way? What are your thoughts on today's "fashion" ?

Rant over :)

Keli xx

4 comments:

  1. I feel like Beyonce decided to be more like Rihanna - more stripping off, songs about sex, etc. And I agree, Beyonce should defo be more classy now she's got a child! So glad i'm not the only one who shares this view!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out on my blog!
    Jenny xo - JNYLNG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree with me! I thought I was just being old and miserable haha. Thank you so much for the nomination. I've answered your questions in a new post if you fancy a read xx

      Delete
  2. Yes yes yes! It's such a shame - I really don't get why they do it? Perhaps it's just that they love their own bodies and feel really comfortable in their own skin and love showing off then fine - but I think they have to think a little bit about the message it sends out... Also given that so many of them pitch themselves as female role models challenging sexism etc. they can't them writhe around in no clothes and not expect some kind of backlash! Great post - I loved it!xxx www.daisydabbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      I think it's such a change for Beyonce especially with this new song compared to how she used to be. I know she's never worn much but this song is just a bit too far for me... I don't like it xx

      Delete