Wednesday 18 June 2014

Glossy Box June 2014 | Review

Its that time of the month again, Glossy Box June has arrived.

I was expecting a good box this time after Glossy had promised to have a value of at least £45 in every box.


At first glance i was impressed, carry on below for individual reviews of each product.

So Susan Cosmetics - Concealer quad - Full size product £20




I haven't heard of So Susan before and the only concealer i've tried is the collection one so i was happy to try out a new one, and i'm impressed! It's a full size product and retails at £20.

The packaging is so cute and I like that there are four shades to choose from. The texture of the concealer is quite dry but as my skin is oily It didn't really bother me much and it spread quite well with only a small amount needed. So Susan also says that the product is formulated with virgin Marula oil to replenish chapped and dry skins which is a bonus.

I have applied the concealer today in the same way i use my usual product and used the second lightest shade. I'm not sure if i'll ever use the darkest shade as my skin is quite fair. I have tried to show a swatch of them all below if you can make them out.



Being a small product we will see how far it goes for the fairly high price tag, but i'm really happy with the application. I'd say it was on par with the collection concealer but thats just my opinion.

Teez Trend Cosmetics - Beautiful Eyes flat stiff brush - Full size product - 19


First of all, the packaging is amazing. It's so bright and colourful and its totally different to any other brush's i've seen. I don't actually tend to use eye shadow very much but the brush came in handy for applying the concealer above ;)

The bristles are all natural but i found them quite prickly rather than soft, it wasn't painful though but I'll just stick to using it for the concealer for now.

Nail Girls 3 in 1 base, topcoat & nail strengthener  10ml sample - full size 15ml £12.50


I've been on the hunt for a good top coat recently so I was glad to receive this. Its fab it can be used as a base coat as well.

I've applied it today and it's fast drying which is great. Whether or not it lives up to the price tag we shall have to see.

Embelleze Novex - Brazillian Keratin 10ml sample - Full size £24.99 for 1kg


I'm currently on a heat damage ban for my hair so I don't think I've really used this product to its full potential. I used it as my conditioner last night, it smells good and my hair felt replenished and soft after using it. I left it on for about 15 minutes then rinsed off and left my hair to dry. It did seem to weigh my curls down a little so i'd say it could be quite heavy on fine hair.

There's enough product in the tub to use it a few more times, i might try it on dry hair next time and wash off to see if there is any difference.

Roger & Gallet - Fleur De Figuier Eau Fraiche - 10 ml sample - full size £32 100ml


"Designed by the creator Francis Kurkdjian, Fleur de Figuier Eau Fraiche reveals all the fresh flesh tones of the delightful fruit. Initially you are enveloped by the fig leaves crisp aroma and fresh mandarin flowers, then the milk and notes of wood, create a warm and creamy background, this envelops you like a second skin, vibrant and sensual."

I like this fragrance, its fresh and fruity but it reminds me of a perfume i used when i was younger. I can't quite put my finger on it though. I'm going to use it as my every day perfume, its perfect for summer.

I hope you enjoyed my reviews, what did you get in your box?

Send me your links to your posts in the comments :)


1 comment:

  1. I got the exact same contents as you this month :) Really like that they included a cute makeup brush but I agree about the prickly bristles :) xx

    Kitty | kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete