Wednesday 21 May 2014

My daily makeup routine

Hello everyone :) Hooray its Wednesday, over  the half way mark to the weekend! 

Today's post is my everyday makeup routine. I'll admit I do not wear makeup everyday, I generally take it all off if I'm doing any form of exercise which is quite often and its rare i visit the stables with my slap on because the horses don't care what I look like, again...quite often. So this tends to be my "work wear" look.




  • I start off by washing, toning & moisturising with Boots own brand Tea Tree and witch hazel foaming face wash, cleansing and toning lotion & shine control daily moisturiser. These products are perfect for my oily skin and leave me feeling awake and refreshed ready to start my day. The face wash is also fab for removing makeup, even stubborn mascara which means I don't always have to use makeup remover at the end of the day. Bonus! They are usually on offer at Boots on the 3 for 2 deal or retail on their own for around £3.50. I have noticed a big difference in how open my pores are now and I seem to have fewer blackheads which is brilliant :) Apologies for the very bare face!  

  • Next I apply my foundation, Clinique stay matte - oil free is my absolute saviour. Find it either at Boots or Clinique (personally I stick to boots to build up advantage points) I must have tried every foundation out there but this is the absolute best for oily skin in my opinion. I use shade neutral and it gives me skin a nice dewy glow & stays put all day long.

  • Step 3 is my blusher and highlighter. I use Rimmel London Stay Blushed  in pop of pink & Mememe Beat The Blues Highlighter  in Pearl Pink. The blusher is a cream and you only need the to use the smallest amount as it goes so far. I find this so much better than a powder, much less mess and there are no dusty makeup bag breakages, its also nice and subtle for work. The highlighter I just apply 3 small dots onto each cheekbone to give me abit of a glow/lift. Once these are applied i dust over my t-zone and chin with Lush - Emotional brilliance translucent powder which just sets my face and keeps excess oil at bay.

  • Step 4 - my most important step. Eyebrows & Mascara, usually with a little bit of eyeliner. My eyebrow pencil i could not live without, I look so bare without them drawn on! I have only ever used Rimmel's professional eyebrow pencil in hazel which as you can see is very well used. My mascara of choice at the moment is Soap & Glory - Thick and fast ultra volume in superjet black which isn't waterproof but mine is getting a bit old now so is starting to clump. My favourite eyeliner at present is Be a bombshell in Onyx which i received in an earlier glossy box but as far as I'm aware can only be purchased in America :( During the day i just apply a small amount half way along my upper lid but i usually sport flicks or wings for a more dramatic look.

And there we have it, my finished workwear face! Hair currently in a messy curly bun whilst I try to figure out what to do with this birds nest of curls!

Keli xx 




10 comments:

  1. Lovely natural makeup embrace the birds nest! x

    Carrieanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great and simple makeup routine :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) Love your blog. Followed xx

      Delete
  3. Oh how awesome, someone else who loves thick & fast by soap & glory! I don't meet many, we are a rare but wonderful breed. :)

    Stunningly Inept

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed we are, i love their stuff. I'm tempted to try their eyebrow pen and the eyeliner next but i always get enough of their stuff for christmas to last me the year haha. Just had a read of your blog and followed you. Keep your chin up :) xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for following me on Bloglovin' Keli, I just followed you back. I really love how natural looking your everyday makeup look is. Sometimes the less is more vibe really works. I'm now following you on GFC, could you follow me there too? http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All done.....i think? I'm so new to this haha. Thankyou so much for the follow xx

      Delete
  5. This is a great post! I have the same problem with oily skin, so I might have to give some of these products a try. And thanks for checking out my blog--I gave you a follow back. Good luck with your new blog!

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup you have. I'm now following you on Google Plus too. Have you got Twitter or Instagram? Would you like me to follow you there too? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My instagram is @keleesi_x and Twitter is @kelifirth xx

      Delete